Sunday, April 14, 2013

Perfect snack



I've found the perfect accompaniment to a cup of herbal tea. Love my tea but sometimes it looks so lonely sitting there without a snack to go with it. A friend made one of the Easter recipes I blogged the other day. To make sure she didn't go overboard with the quantity she made them into mini cupcake molds. Such a good idea. Here's my attempt at them pictured above.

Instead of putting the raspberries in the mixture I just put one on top. Also I forego the rice malt syrup in the recipe for some good quality Stevia (not from the supermarket) Yum! Also a perfect snack if your doing nutritional ketosis. Lots of good fat. Oh, I also used carob in mine instead of cacao. Tastes a bit sweeter. Anyhow here's the recipe again for easy reference. Recipe is from Sarah Wilson's blog. Check it out here.
http://www.sarahwilson.com.au/2013/03/11-sugar-free-easter-tricks/#more-5832

Raspberry Ripple

1/3 - 1/2 cup coconut oil
1/3 cup organic salted butter
2 tbls raw cacao or cocoa
1 tbls rice malt syrup
1/3 cup coconut , shredded or flakes
1/3 cup of frozen raspberries

Melt the butter and oil (in a pan or microwave) stir in the cacao and syrup. Arrange the berries and coconut in the moulds. Pour the coconut oil mixture over the top and pop in the fridge for an hour or the freezer for 2o minutes, Serve direct from the fridge or freezer.

I love chocolate and I love burning fat and now I really can enjoy both! How tops is that!

No comments:

Post a Comment