Monday, February 27, 2012

Getting back into it! No better time than the present!

Ok time to get real and start thinking about a post partum action plan. Firstly here's a pic of me 2 weeks exactly post baby. Ive also included a pic of me pre baby at 6 weeks pregnant. Just a little bit of a difference :) The scales weigh me in currently at 75kg...my pre baby weight was 65kg. OMG 10kgs to lose! That's not exactly going to be easy. I've got a bit of work to do. At the end of the pregnancy I weighed in at 84.5kg at my heaviest. I definitely feel alot flabbier, like softer. Have done 2 workouts so far and they feel surprisingly hard. I wonder whether I'll get the ability back to be able to push through the feeling of being uncomfortable...I was at a point where I was used to being uncomfortable and I think maybe I've forgotten that feeling. Sigh...


2 weeks post baby

2 weeks post baby

6 weeks pregnant


6 weeks pregnant


One sure fire way to start to remember that uncomfortable feeling is to enter the Crossfit games open 2012. So that's what Ive done rather last minute but I've done it. I know I'll be nowhere near the level of fitness that I was 12 months ago when I competed  and made the top 60 cut to the regionals but I think its good for me to compete anyways. No better way to get a true picture of where I'm at. I think also it sets a good example for some of my clients at my gym to see that theres never a perfect time to do these things and that sometimes we put too much pressure on ourselves. Don't wait to your fitter. There's no better time than the present. Don't squander time. Compete and get fit while doing it!

The first wod was a 7 minute AMRAP of burpees. Hadn't done a proper burpee in 9 months or so and knew it would be challenging but didn't set myself a goal just did them at a comfortable pace. Got 63 burpees and happy enough with that for 2 weeks post baby. Here's my video of the wod below...:)


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtqPZlrEopM&context=C38aec46ADOEgsToPDskKg-ao3cEoqXPpH4iW-Ee67

Action plan to come!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment