Sunday, December 4, 2011

So long abs!

My pregnancy wasn’t public knowledge in the gym up until 20 weeks. I wasn’t really showing and was still holding my own in the workouts so I thought, what the heck let’s play this game for a little while longer. I suppose I was feeling quite smug walking around with my secret and it sure kept my abs tight. Abs were doing such a good job up until 20 weeks. It was like a constant war between my abs and the baby.      
20 weeks and abs holding strong...

20 weeks

At week 26 the baby won out over the abs
At about this point I began to switch from time- priority workouts to work- priority workouts with set amounts of work to be done in whatever amount of time it takes, with as many breaks as necessary. It’s all about maintaining my strength from here on in. I must admit to loving the feeling of doing a workout for time so on a few occasions I’ve reduced the load and gone a bit faster. Nothing too intense though, just enough to almost replicate that feeling.  Aahhh that feeling of collapsing at the end of a workout in a pool of sweat, it’s like a drug.  Sigh

No comments:

Post a Comment