Sunday, December 4, 2011

Welcome

My name is Tysha and I’m a personal trainer and fitness enthusiast living in Sydney, Australia. My husband and I are expecting our first child come 18th February and on starting this blog am 29 weeks pregnant. Over the past few years I’ve been doing some fairly intense physical training, including Olympic lifting, Crossfit, endurance events, I’ve even done some ultra marathons just for fun. I’ve also been following a primal diet for about 18 months or so, to various degrees...sometimes strictly, sometimes modified. I had been monitoring my body fat percentage and had recently achieved 20% body fat through diet and exercise and experimenting with the combination.
Since falling pregnant I immediately scoured the internet for information about diet, exercise and pregnancy. I was hoping to find recommendations in alignment to my lifestyle that has worked well for me and kept me strong, fit, happy and healthy. I didn’t find that by just skimming the surface of resources offered on the internet at first look. So instead I decided to dig a little deeper, and in doing so, I found that many conventional pregnancy guidelines are based on myth, not fact. It would seem , from my research that most women with low risk pregnancy’s can and should safely continue to be very physically active for as long as they are comfortable. I had so many questions that I bombarded my doctor with only to leave her surgery feeling even more confused. So off I went again and researched...The best advice I can offer at this point is to listen to your body, don’t be afraid to challenge conventional methods, and always be asking questions.
So, I’ve decided to start this blog to share my pregnancy journey with you all. I feel so lucky to have many amazing people around me during this journey. Firstly a HUGE thank you to Shane for everything. I don’t know what I’d do without you. If it wasn’t for you I wouldn’t be seeking a better way. Your enquiring mind must be rubbing off on me J I've had awesome support from everyone at my gym Holistic Foundations. Thank you. It means a lot to me.
My hope is that this blog might inspire other women to follow their instincts not just in pregnancy but in everything. Our bodies are amazing! They tell us so much more than we tend to listen to. This blog will hopefully highlight my successes, challenges, and frustrations and might even provide some entertainment. Please feel free to post any comment or questions and I’ll do my best to answer them. I don’t pretend to be an expert in this field and endorse that you also do your own research and always consult a doctor before starting any exercise program, pregnant or not. I’m merely sharing my journey with you...take from it what you will. So here goes...

2 comments:

  1. Tysha....you are AMAZING!!! You are such an inspiration, pregnant or not. Thanks so much for your support and helping me out at Hol Found :) xx

    Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kate I think your pretty AMAZING too! Always happy to help xx

    ReplyDelete