Saturday, April 14, 2012

Week 8 post partum training

Monday 2nd April
30:30 x 6 rounds (with the boys)
1 arm bent over row with kb 12kg
Double kb floor press @ 14kg
Deadlift @ 50kg
Lunge and 1 arm press with kb @ 10kg
Russian twist on SB with DB @ 8kg

Tuesday 3rd April HF session
40:20 x 8 rounds
Walking lunges with weight plate @ 10kg
Pull ups strict using bands
Push ups mostly on toes

This felt way hard. Actually every single workout feels way hard at the moment. It's all harder than I thought. I suppose I came back and expected to feel so much lighter and stronger only to find it harder than when I was pregnant. I don't know maybe it was because I had an excuse then where as now I have none...its all up to me.

Thursday 4th April HF session
5 x rounds
40 x double unders
20 x kb swings @ 16kg
10 x pull ups

Started with double unders and quickly subbed to singles as I could not string any together today. Swings were ok and the pull ups sucked. Started doing kips then added a band to them. Overall this workout felt soooo hard. Totally lost any sort of dedication and gave up at 4 x rounds then proceeded to beat myself up over it. Had a bit of a cry on the way home...that's becoming a habit of late. Hormones?? Don't think Ive ever given up during a workout and I won't forget that I did today, not a nice feeling. I have to remember that the next time I think about giving up...

On the upside Princess Jetta is getting more beautiful with each passing day :)

Saturday 6th april HF workout
20:40 x 8 sets

Push press @ 20kg
air squats
touch jumps
rope shakes
circular med ball slams

Hard workout but felt good


Sunday 8th April
5 sets of 10 reps
pull up kips
ring dips yellow band

then...
1 arm floor press @ 16kg
1 arm bent over row @ 12kg

No comments:

Post a Comment